Built around 200 years ago, Haveli Dharampura derives its name from its locality. ‘Dharampura’ was named after the word ‘Dharam’ – religion, owing to the presence of a large number of Jain temples and the building’s proximity to the historic Jama Masjid. The title deeds show that it originally belonged to a Muslim family, and changed hands in 1869. By 1982 it had become home to a Jain family, and was in disrepair. In 2010, restoration began, initially with the aim of creating a museum, but eventually the idea of repurposing it into a boutique hotel was conceptualized. Restoration took nearly six years and over fifty workmen under personal supervision to achieve its current glory.
The Haveli has 14 rooms for guests to stay in, each named after the Gates or the Markets of Old Delhi.
The Restaurant ‘Lakhori’ is dedicated to Lakhori Bricks that one can still see on its unplastered walls, one of the main construction materials in the Mughal period.